Published Aug 15, 2017A new alleged victim has come forward in the decades-long rape case against director Roman Polanski. The director was charged with raping Samantha Geimer in 1977 when she was just 13 years old. Now, another woman alleges she was also targeted by Polanski.
According to Variety, the unnamed woman claims she was "sexually victimized" by Polanski at the age of 16. She's expected to hold a press conference later today.
The actress Charlotte Lewis also said Polanski sexually assaulted her at the age of 16 shortly before working on the film Pirates.
After being charged with the rape of Samantha Geimer, Polanski spent 42 days in jail. Before he received further sentencing, he fled to Europe and has refused to return to the United States ever since.
Earlier this year, Geimer said she harbours no ill will toward Polanski for raping her. "He's apologized, I forgive him," she said. "I know that he's sorry and he didn't mean to hurt me. He's admitted what he did and he went to jail. I'm not going to carry a bunch of resentment. And much worse things happened to people, I'm aware of that. So I kind of feel like, you know, bad things happen."
Stay tuned for more news on the new, unidentified victim as it becomes available.