Published Feb 04, 2013Last spring, former Creedence Clearwater Revival leader John Fogerty announced he and notable pals like the Foo Fighters, Bob Seger and My Morning Jacket would soon be raiding his back catalogue for a new set called Wrote a Song for Everyone. The album is now set to arrive May 28.
On top of previously announced collaborators like Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson and Dawes, the duets LP also features guest work from the Zac Brown Band, a runthrough of "Proud Mary" with Jennifer Hudson, and a new version of swamp-stomp "Born on the Bayou" with Kid Rock. You can see the detailed tracklisting (which also includes a couple of Fogerty solo tracks) down below.
Speaking with Rolling Stone, Fogerty admitted that the project had been suggested to him by his wife. Foo Fighters, with whom he recorded a new take of CCR's "Fortunate Son," were one of the first acts to hop on board.
"It's not wildly different or exotically different from the original," Fogerty said of the collaboration. "But energy-wise it's a lot closer to what the Foo Fighters sound like, just the swagger of thing [sic]. People tend to say that Creedence was a roots rock & roll band, I don't know that that was really true, but 40 years later it seems like a good fit. Led Zeppelin was just getting going, and the volume hadn't really been turned way up yet the way it would be a little later with arena bands of the Seventies and Eighties."
Fogerty will tour behind Wrote a Song for Everyone, but a show schedule has yet to be announced.
Wrote a Song for Everyone:
1. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters)
2. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban)
3. Lodi (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. Mystic Highway
5. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert ft. Tom Morello)
6. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band)
7. Long as I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket)
8. Born on the Bayou (with Kid Rock)
9. Train of Fools
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes)
11. Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger)
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley)
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson)
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson ft. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)