Published Feb 19, 2020Days after pumping the brakes on some tour plans, Ozzy Osbourne has clarified that his 2020 North American tour is not "cancelled" — despite his concert promoters stating otherwise. According to Ozzy, the trek has simply been "postponed."
Osbourne tried to clarify things in a conversation with Radio.com, correcting the interviewer when she said he had cancelled his tour, telling her it was only "postponed."
Osbourne also seemed very conscious of the onstage expectations that come with being the Prince of Darkness, explaining that he "cannot go out on the road, until I'm 100 percent confident that I can pull it off."
"If I go out now and I can't carry on, people are gonna think I've lost the plot, ya know," Osbourne said. "So I'm not gonna go out there until I can give them the show that I want to give them, because it's not fair to them."
Osbourne's North American leg of his "No More Tours 2" outing was set to start in May and feature Marilyn Manson. On Monday, the concert promoters announced the tour was cancelled to "allow Osbourne to continue to recover from various health issues he has faced over the past year," which included revealing his Parkinson's disease diagnosis last month.
Refusing to be held down by his numerous setbacks, Osbourne intends to take his time when it comes to getting back in shape for shows. "I mean I've waited this long, and I'm intending on going back on the road," he said, joking, "I don't want to go egh, and fall over the first song."
You can watch the interview below.
Osbourne's tour setback will allow him to travel to Europe to receive additional treatment. He's set to release new album Ordinary Man on February 21 through Epic Records.